Felin Ganol is one of only two commercial working water powered cornmills with original machinery in Ceredigion. Located near the ford in Llanrhystud, it appears on the 1841 tithe map and was associated with the ancient Moelifor estate which dates back to the 16th century or earlier.
Restoration of the mill began in 2007, the pond was refilled in 2008 and after laying idle for nearly 50 years, in February 2009 the original French Burr stones turned again to mill wholemeal flour. Now our two pairs of French Burr stones now turn most days, grinding organically grown grains to produce a range of stoneground flours, just as they did one hundred and fifty years ago.
VISITING, DIRECTIONS, PRODUCE, CATERING, AND ACCOMMODATION
Directions: Felin Ganol is on the river Wyre in Llanrhystud, just behind Ysgol Myfenydd, the village school. See map: Map
Opening Hours: Mill open most Saturdays 10a.m to 2p.m for flour sales. Groups tours are welcome by prior appointment between 10a.m. and 5p.m. on weekdays (3p.m. in the winter).
Products: Felin Ganol produces a range of stoneground flours. Full details of can be found on our website.
Shop: The mill is open for sales on weekdays when milling and Saturdays 10am to 2pm.
Wholesale/Trade: Enquiries welcome
Events: Please contact us.